KightsofJad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KightsofJad

The source of community for all

HomeChatsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
These are some of our associates in The majora's mask arg BomberGangKids: http://observatory.chatango.com/ Heroes of time: http://tinychat.com/Canthandlethetruth

A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mrmiffmiff

A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone Empty
PostSubject: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:58 pm

This should be good. Traditionally, text adventures are run by a computer. The player inputs commands and the computer follows them, giving a detailed description of what happens and where the player is. I have taken this concept and applied it so that the narrator can also be human. I have designed a whole (and by whole I mean first phase of a whole, I will wing the rest based on what the players do) text adventure for us to play.

Alright. Before we start, let's cover the rules. First, place all commands (while I place all narration) in a quote block.

Quote :
Like this.

Second, I am human, so I can understand all commands, including complete sentences. However, because I am human, I can't always narrate, so if I haven't, be patient. Also, do remember that you are alone. Unless you count the robot, who, by the way, is there to guide you, not to help you. And by guide you, I mean explain what's going on to you and that's about it. Lastly, as I can understand any command, I don't know what you guys are really gonna do, so only the very first part of this game is actually scripted. The rest will be improv. Note: Don't worry about dying, if you die, I'll restore you to the last point of safety.

Let's get on with the show.

Quote :
Hello, my name is RX-17. On the request of your parents, I placed you in this simulation to protect you from the outside world, and in suspended animation for several years to protect you from dying. You are now 18. However, that is all I have on you, for a hacker deleted all other files on you. I can't take you out of the simulation until I have your basic information. So can you remember your name?

First part is a bit tedious, so just bear with me.
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Check [self]
Back to top Go down
kittykat2892

kittykat2892

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Quote :
Duke Nukem
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Quote :
Very well, your name is Duke, full name Duke Nukem Before I can form you, I must know the form of your exterior. In other words, your gender. Should you choose to look at me like I'm insane, I will proceed to assume you are Male.

You can say other things outside of the quotes in your posts.
Back to top Go down
Lobizon
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Quote :
Lauro, tell me, why is the outside world dangerous?
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Quote :
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Shad, no more editing posts. Also, there is only one player character that you all collaborate to control. Lobby, I want you to ask that question again later when I give you time for questions.

Quote :
So you are male. Fine, I can now take you out of the simulation. However, I can't take you into the real world just yet. I am taking you into a place between the real world and the simulated one. It is known as LIMBO, which is seperated into 2 parts: LIMBO 1 and LIMBO 2. I'm taking you to LIMBO 1 now.
------------------
LIMBO 1
You see a bed, a toilet, a night table with a drawer, and a box, and you see that you are exiting from some sort of simulation pod. "Very well," says a voice (RX-17). "Welcome to LIMBO 1, Duke. You may now relax for real, for LIMBO has all the traits of the real world. So take a rest in the bed. In other words, SLEEP.
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Sigh, do we really need to be named Duke Nukem >_>
Quote :
open Drawer
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Would you prefer a (wo)man named Chris Bredkin?

Quote :
The drawer is empty at the moment. RX says, "What the hell are you doing? Get some SLEEP, hell, you haven't been asleep for at least 10 years."
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Idk but Being duke Nukem kills all seriousness
Quote :
Search Box
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Maybe I'll put in a name change station later.

Quote :
There is absolutely nothing in the box. RX says, "Don't make me tase you, bro. SLEEP."
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Quote :
Go to bed
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Quote :
After a long refreshing sleep with dreams not at all related to any current situation, you are jolted awake by some earthquakey power that RX-17 seems to have. The robot then says to you, "Before we begin for today, do you have any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:30 pm

Quote :
Say: Why are you doing this, where am I (Other obvious questions)
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Quote :
I did this at the bequest of your parents to protect you from the dangers of the outside world. You are in LIMBO 1, although the real world equivalent of our location is somewhere in Panama. I suppose I have some explaining to do.
Currently, the outside is being invaded by some very strange creatures. Our most powerful armies can barely fight them off. It is very dangerous, so a weapon known as a Battle Suit was created. Ever heard of those old video games known as the Metal Gear series? Well, a Battle Suit is kind of like a Metal Gear, only for actual military combat as opposed to nuclear warfare.
LIMBO, as I explained, is split into two parts, 1 and 2. LIMBO 1 is more close to reality, with a few elements of a simulation, while LIMBO 2 is closer to being a simulation, with a few elements of reality. That simulation pod will take you between the two parts of LIMBO, while the box will take any equipment between them.
Currently, the year is 2124.
Any other questions?
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Say: if you know my parents, what's my real name.
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Quote :
RX: Remember that hacker I told you about? They kind of deleted everything I had on you. I'm a robot, so I don't exactly remember things that are deleted from my memory banks. Yes, he deleted our backups. He also deleted all files relating to you, including who your parents were, so I don't even know your surname. Any other questions?
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:44 pm

What equipment can I recieve from you right now.
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Seph, put your damn commands in quote blocks.

Quote :
"None," says RX. "I think that is enough. The next few days, we will test your many abilities. We will start with combat. First, I need you to answer some questions about past combat experience. There were actually three written events in your life we kept a written and therefore unhackable record of, but they are incomplete, so please help us. First of three questions, you once got into a fight on the playground in elementary school with a bully. Did you: A: Punch the living daylights out of him? B: Defend yourself enough that you managed to run away? or C: End up going home with a broken nose?"

So there are three questions, and this is kind of like the part in the beginning of Kingdom of Hearts 1 where you chose a field a specialize in and 1 to give up and then the third was just normal. Except here, the fields are unarmed combat, melee combat, and ranged combat. As you can see in this first question, there are three kinds of answers: Positive, normal, and negative. Whichever type of answer you give here won't be available in another question. Basically, whichever field you give a positive answer will have like, a power level of 2, normal a power level of 1, and negative a power level of 0. They will all still be usable, but they'll just be consecutively weaker.
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Quote :
Say: B.

Also I keep forgetting the quote thing xD
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Quote :
RX says, "Thank you. Scenario two. You were at a fencing match. Did you: A: Win? B: Lose?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Quote :
Say: A.
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Quote :
RX says, "Thank you. Scenario three. It seems you were trying to fell a beehive with a slingshot... Hm, never mind, we seem to have a full record of this one. You missed terribly. Very well, it seems we know what you're good at. You are amazing at melee combat and have some expertise in unarmed combat, but we probably shouldn't give you a gun anytime soon. Now I want you to ENTER the simulation POD."

Anything in capitals is what I want you to type.
Back to top Go down
Sephiriam

Sephiriam

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Quote :
Say: What can I expect from this.
Back to top Go down
mrmiffmiff

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Quote :
"You will be introduced to armed combat to the death with other living creatures. We will also be able to determine your fighting style," says RX. "Now ENTER the POD."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone   A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone Empty

Back to top Go down

A Human Text Adventure - You Are Alone
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KightsofJad :: General Discussion :: Role Playing-
Jump to: